Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Uncle Jim's Olive Tapenade

For my daughter's 4th birthday this year, I kept the menu simple by just putting out tons of amazing breads and spreads.  One of the biggest hits was Uncle Jim's olive tapenade.  He made it when we were in NYC a few weeks ago, and I was so excited to learn that this was a homemade item (as they are expensive to buy already prepared).

Here is the super simple recipe:
3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted
1 teaspoon minced garlic (I just used one clove)
1 Tablespoon drained capers

Zip them up in the food processor.  While it's going, drizzle in about 2 TB olive oil (the original recipe called for 1/4 cup!  but Jim says he never uses that much) and 1 TB fresh parsley.
That's it!!
This needs to be served at room temp. 
I made a double batch, and it kept nicely in the fridge for a few days.

No comments: